Today we will find out how to draw Shrek and his friends.
And of course, I would love to tell you about this cartoon.
- Shrek is a computer-animated fantasy-comedy film based on William Steig’s fairy tale picture book “Shrek”.
- First the author drew his character and after created the story about him.
- The cartoon won an Oscar. It was the first cartoon that received such award in 2001.
- Cameron Diaz is the prototype of Princess Fiona. Cool!
- Of course, witty donkey strikes the imagination of everyone. His daddy is Eddy Murphy. We can easily guess it!
- Shrek is admired in many countries. The cartoon was translated into at least 30 languages.
- The story reminds us Beauty and the Beast. Just all is vice versa. The prince didn’t turn into a handsome guy, but the princess easily turned into a monster.
And now let’s draw Shrek and his friends.
How to draw Shrek step by step
Step 1. We sketch the location of the bodies on paper: 3 big figures and one smaller.
Step 2. Now we form the bodies. We start with Shrek and draw his head, belly, legs and shoulders. We do the same with other characters.
Step 3. We make all lines smooth. We can see heads and bodies of each character now. Perhaps the most difficult is to draw donkey’s face, but I’m sure you will cope with the task.
Step 4. Now we sketch the faces. For this we will need additional lines – 2 horizontal and a vertical one — to show the levels of the eyes, nose and mouth. Then we draw the clothes.
Step 5. We draw noses, eyes, eyebrows and mouths. We show donkey’s teeth and hair, Shrek’s peculiar ears and cat’s long whiskers. We hatch Shrek’s shoes and vest. We show folds on cat’s boots. We draw the princess. All done!
If you are interested in cartoon characters, you should draw:
specially for ArcMel.com