This is a tiny and not very bright flower.
But in spite of that it has some value and before drawing I will tell you about its values.
- This flower is the best for making wreaths.
- It is used as medicinal raw material.
- Bees love these flowers and happily collect nectar from them.
- It is used in cosmetology. Its extract is added to creams, tonics and other things.
- They like to write poems and legends about these flowers.
- It is Estonia’s national flower
And now let’s draw it.
How to draw a cornflower step by step
Step 1. In the center we draw several lines – stems. On their tops we add ovals.
Step 2. In the middle of the flower we draw a circle – its center and attach petals to it. Have a look at the picture and try to do the same. We make the stem thicker.
Step 3. The centers of the flowers are shaggy and spiny. The petals have jagged edges. Flowers have big receptacles.
Step 4. We add more flowers with buds. And some of them are faded. We add some more leaves. You can color the drawing if you like. You will need green and blue pencils. Good luck!
I also recommend you to draw:
- Lilies of the valley;
- Water lily;
specially for ArcMel.com